Fire Department

The State of New Hampshire requires a Fire Permit for all outdoor burning. The exception to the rule, is when there is complete snow cover of the ground.

There are two ways to obtain a Fire Permit to kindle an outdoor burn:

Contact a Forest Fire Warden or Deputy :

Forest Fire Warden - Michael Goodwin 876-0035

Forest Fire Deputies:

Mike Goodwin:  499-2546

Matt Patnode:  876-4846

Rob Thomas:  209-4517

Will Coutts :  852-2684


Note: There is a small fee associated with on-line permits.

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
John A. Manning Chief (603) 876-3904
Matthew Patnode Deputy Fire Chief